Want to make a difference in your local community?
Do you enjoy interacting with people?
Want to develop event organisational/promotional skills?
Alzheimer’s Society, the leading support and research charity for people with dementia, their families and carers is looking for volunteers to get involved with the local community, raising awareness around Dementia.
This volunteer role will support local communities and staff by providing information and local knowledge on what people from different communities want and need. The volunteer will engage with local people, communities, businesses and people with dementia and their carers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
This could be the role for you if you:
· Are over 18
· Enjoy interacting with people
· Have good communication skills
· Have/want to develop event organisational skills
· Have/want to develop promotional skills
· Want to make a difference in your community
Benefits for you include:
· Gaining experience of planning, delivering, promoting and helping with events/activities
· Gaining experience of working with people
· Opportunities to increase self-confidence, meet new people and friends
· Valuable training and experience that can be included in CVs and job applications
If you are interested is this role, then please do email your CV to Nnanna.Uwakwe@alzheimers.org.uk.