Name: Community Cancer Centre
Based: Yiewsley, Middlesex
There are 2 items I would like to share with you which are the following:
- Recruitment of Trustees - unfortunately this month we have had 2 Trustees that have taken ill due to the effects of cancer and need to stand down and 1 Trustee Malcolm Ellis who has sadly passed away and was extremely well respected in the Borough of HIllingdon. For this reason we need to recruit someone who has an understanding of cancer whilst also they has the skills of Marketing or Funding.
- Through providing our services it has been recognised that there are many gaps in the support of brain tumour patients and fortunately CCC have been able to support some of the patients through our services but due to this, on a positive note we have just recruited a steering group to support us in developing an exciting project, it is to work in partnership with the Hillingdon Brain Tumour Group with founder Cllr Becky Hagger. This will bring many benefits to the group and also to those who have been affected by someone close to them having a brain tumour by merging CCC services. We will in the New Year be promoting the project by inviting the general public to encompass the development and support it through showing a presentation.
Help us to continue supporting cancer patients, their carers, families and anyone who is affected by cancer by:
- Donation direct to CCC or through Virgin Money Giving
- Become a friend of CCC £12 a year = £1 per mth will help CCC to continue our services and provide FREE complementary therapies and self help workshops to patients, carers and their families.
Future fundraising events:
- Friday 17th October 2014 – Quiz Night
- Friday 7th November 2014 – Curry and Musical Bingo Evening
- Saturday 6th December 2014 – Xmas Meal (live entertainment)